Monday, January 12, 2009

2009 Weekly Primary Themes

2009 Weekly Primary Themes

January: I am a spirit child of Heavenly Father.
“All of you are children of the most High” (Psalm 82:6)
“The Family is of God” Friend Oct. 2008
4th - Heavenly Father loves me and has a plan for me.
11th - I lived with Heavenly Father before I came to earth.
18th - I am created in the image of God. My body is a temple.
25th - The family is ordained of God and is central to His plan.

February: I came to earth as part of a family.
“The family is ordained of God” (Proclamation,” paragraph 7).
“How Firm a Foundation” (Hymns, no. 85, verses 1 and 3)
1st - Adam and Eve were the first family.
8th - Heavenly Father blesses righteous families in the scriptures.
15th - The priesthood blesses my family.
22nd - STAKE CONFERENCE

March: Family members have important responsibilities.
“Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God” (Doctrine & Covenants 88:119)
“My Eternal Family” (pages 10 – 11 of My Eternal Family outline)
1st - Fathers preside over, provide for, and protect the family with love.
8th - Mothers nurture the family.
15th - I will obey my parents.
22nd - I have many family members who can help me.
29th – Family members have important responsibilities.

April: Jesus Christ made it possible for me to live with my Heavenly Father again.
“I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (John 14:6)
“He Sent His Son” (CS ,34)
5th - GENERAL CONFERENCE
12th - I have a testimony that Jesus Christ is my Savior.
19th - My family and I will be resurrected.
26th - By following Jesus Christ, we will be able to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus again.

May: Baptism and confirmation are ordinances that bless my family.
“Except a man be born of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God” (John 3:5)
“Baptism” (CS, 100)
3rd - Baptism is the first ordinance of the gospel.
10th - Jesus Christ was baptized.
17th - I will be baptized and confirmed.
24th - My family is blessed as we follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
31st – Baptism and confirmation are ordinances that bless my family.

June: Faith, prayer, repentance, and forgiveness strengthen me and my family.
“Successful…families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, [and] forgiveness” (“Proclamation,” paragraph 7).
“Seek the Lord Early” (CS, 108)
7th - Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ strengthens me and my family.
14th - Prayer strengthens me and my family.
21st - Repentance helps me return to Heavenly Father.
28th - As I forgive, I will be forgiven.

July: I will strengthen my family.
“And ye will not have a mind to injure one another, but to live peaceably” (Mosiah 4:13).
“I Feel My Savior’s Love” (CS, 74)
5th - Family prayer strengthens my family.
12th - Reading the scriptures strengthens my family.
19th - Family home evening strengthens my family.
26th – Reverence and keeping the Sabbath day holy strengthen my family.

August: Temple blessings unite families.
“I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven” (Matthew 16:19).
“Families Can Be Together Forever” (CS, 188)
2nd - The temple is the house of God.
9th - I will prepare now to go to the temple.
16th - My family can be together forever through the ordinances of the temple.
23rd - Family history and temple work bless all the generations of my family.
30th - Temple blessings unite families.

September: Prophets teach me now to strengthen my family.
“What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken,…whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same” (Doctrine & Covenants 1:38)
6th - Bible prophets teach me now to strengthen my family.
13th - STAKE CONFERENCE
20th - The prophet today teaches me how to strengthen my family.
27th - I will hear the words of the prophets when I listen to general conference.

October: “The Family: A Proclamation to the World” teaches me about families.
“The family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children” (“Proclamation,” paragraph 1).
4th - GENERAL CONFERENCE
11th - “The Family: A Proclamation to the World” teaches the importance of marriage.
18th - PROGRAM PRACTICE
25th - “The Family: A Proclamation to the World” teaches my family the importance of work.

November: My family and I can serve others.
“By love serve one another” (Galatians 5:13).
1st – I am thankful for my family. I will serve them.
8th – My family will serve others.
15th – I can be a good example for my family.
22nd - I will prepare now to become a mother or father.
29th - My family and I can serve others.

December: My family is blessed when we remember Jesus Christ.
“I know that my redeemer liveth and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth” (Job 19:25)
6th - Jesus was born into a family.
13th - I remember Jesus when I partake of the sacrament.
20th - Remembering Jesus Helps me choose the right.
27th - Jesus will come again.

No comments: